Sunday, February 22, 2009

Terrific Teens 21/02/09

Where Do I Draw The Line? by bro. Keat Lim

Dating & Boundaries:

Boundaries - What's the point of having boundaries if we ever do have? Move beyond dos and don'ts and ask why and the spirit behind the boundaries.

Dating -
1. Four areas to look: Social, Psychological, Sexual, Spirituality
2. Three levels: Important, Desirable, Irrelevant Things
3. Four stages: Friendship, Low-level dating, Serious dating, Engagement
4. Questions to ask ourselves:
  • Do I have any concern?
  • Are there things I make excuse for?
  • Are there things I expect to change?
  • Do I respect the other person (and vice versa)?
  • Do I have the best friendship with them?
  • Do it have a negative or positive effect on my life?
  • Can I be contented with this person?
  • Do I want to share my life with this person?
  • Do my parents/friends support this relationship?
God knows what and who I need

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (TNIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment