Monday, April 27, 2009

Terrific Teens 25/04/09

Management Series: Stress by Dexter Ng

Jesus’ Principles For Handling STRESS“I testify on my own behalf.” -John 8:18,RSV

IDENTIFICATION: I Must Know Who I Am

“I am…the Light of the World…The Son of God…the Way, the Truth & the Life…the Bread of Life.” (John 8:12, Mark 14:62, John 14:6, John 6:35)

“I testify on my own behalf.” -John 8:18,RSV


DEDICATION: I Must Know Who I Am Trying To Please

“I only try to please the One Who sent me” -John 5:30 (NCV)

“No one can serve two masters…” -Luke 16:13 


PRIORITIZATION: Know What I Want To Accomplish

“…I know where I came from and where I’m going” -John 8:14

“I must proclaim the good news…for I was sent for this purpose.” -Luke 4:43 (RSV) 


CONCENTRATION: Focus On What Is Important

“As the time draw near for His return to heaven He moved steadily onward toward Jerusalem with an iron will.” -Luke 9:51 (LB)

“Anyone who lets himself distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God.” –Luke 9:62 (LB)

“Martha was distracted…so Jesus said, ‘You are worried and bothered about so many things; but only a few things are necessary, really only one…’ ” –Luke 10:40-42 (NASB)


DELEGATION: Let Other People Help Me

“He appointed twelve,…designating them apostles…that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach” –Mark 3:14 


MEDITATION: The Habit Of Prayer

“News about Jesus spread even more. Crowds came to hear Him and be healed but Jesus often slip away to be alone so He could pray.” –Luke 5:15-16 (NCV)


RELAXATION: Take Time To Enjoy Life

“Crowds of people coming and going so that they not even have time to eat. He said to them, ‘Come away by yourselves, and we would go to a lonely place to get some rest.’ ” –Luke 6:31 (NCV)

“Jesus came enjoying life” –Matthew 11:19 (PH)

“Come to Me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest.  Learn from me…and I will find rest for your lives. The teaching that I ask you to accept is easy; the load I give you to carry is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 (NCV)


No comments:

Post a Comment