Saturday, January 3, 2009

Terrific Teens 03/01/09 - Part 1

Testimony on How To Study by Sarah Chong 

Introduction

       We are all created differently

        Our God is a creative God

Why do I need to study?

       To gain knowledge

        A primary calling as a student now

How do I study in school?

       Sit in front

        Take notes

       Ask questions, don’t be shy

       Learn to love the subjects I hate most

        Study hard and study smart

E.g.:

Maths – Practice

Science – More to understanding and memorizing

How do I study at home?

       Manage my time

        Get away from distractions

        Be comfortable but not TOO comfortable

        Take breaks

How do I prepare for exams?

       Set goals

        Don’t do last minute study

        Make timetable

        SLEEP!!!

Most importantly,

        Pray and seek God’s strength

What are the challenges I face?

       High expectations

        Peer pressure

        “Kiasu”

        Test anxiety

How do I handle these challenges?

       Be contented

        Don’t compare with others

        Don’t put your whole future on the line with a single test  

        Pray

Summary

       It is our calling as students now to study

        Always seek God for guidance and give Him your best

        Study hard and study smart



No comments:

Post a Comment